Jennifer Long(nee Borsht)
- 2016 Studio Etching with Gwenn Tasker, BIA Windsor
- 2015 Studio Etching with Gwenn Tasker, BIA Windsor
- 2014 Studio Etching with Carolyn McKenzie Craig, BIA Windsor, Brisbane
- 2013 Etching Class with Carolyn McKenzie Craig, BIA Windsor, Brisbane
- 2012 Etching Class with Carolyn McKenzie Craig, BIA Windsor, Brisbane
- 2011 Etching Class with Carolyn McKenzie Craig, BIA Windsor, Brisbane
- 2011 Etching Class with Wim de Voss and Carolyn McKenzie Craig, BIA, Windsor, Brisbane
- 2010 Etching Class with Wim de Voss, Brisbane Institute of Art, Windsor, Brisbane
- 2005 Drawing the Human Figure with David Paulson, Brisbane Institute of Art, Queensland.
- 2001 Painting Human Figure with David Paulson, Brisbane Institute of Art, Queensland.
- 2000 Painting 11 with David Paulson, Brisbane Institute of Art, Queensland.
- 1976/77 Studied full-time Diploma of Fine Arts, Queensland College of Art, Brisbane, Qld.
- 1971-73 Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland, Brisbane.
- 2016Wood Lithography workshop with Jenny Sanzaro-Nishimura
- 2014 Lithography workshop with Christopher Hagan, Impress Printmaking Studio
- 2014 Lithography workshop with Claudia Husband, Impress Printmaking Studio, Kedron
- 2014 Print workshop with Judy Watson, Impress Printmaking Studio, Kedron, Brisbane
- 2013 Painting workshop with Elizabeth Cummings, Newrybar, NSW
- 2013 Lithography Masterclass workshop with Peter Lancaster,Lancaster Press Studio, Melbourne
- 2008 Colour Workshop with Mervyn Moriarty, Ekibin, Brisbane
- 2006 Portrait Workshop with David Paulson, Brisbane Institute of Art, Queensland
- 2005 Art Development Consultation - Michael Zavros
- 1976 Painting Workshop with Irene Amos, BinnaBurra.
2015 Two day mixed media workshop - Brigidine College, Indooroopilly, Brisbane
2016 Bosz Gallery 4/9 Doggett Street Fortitude Valley
- 2016 Flight Bosz Gallery, Fortitude Valley
- 2015 Old Friary Exhibition Kenmore Hills, Brisbane
- 2014 Studio Exhibition St. Lucia, Brisbane
- 2014 On the Edge Percolator Gallery, Paddington, Brisbane
- 2012 Studio Exhibition St. Lucia, Brisbane
- 2012 Traces Graydon Gallery, New Farm, Brisbane
- 2010 Interior Dialogue (with Kerry Holland) Graydon Gallery, New Farm, Brisbane
- 2010 Retour en France Exhibition, Alliance Francaise, West End, Brisbane
- 2009 Sojourner Exhibition Graydon Gallery New Farm Brisbane
- 2009 Wesley Hospital Exhibition, Auchenflower, Brisbane
- 2008 Studio Exhibition, St. Lucia, Brisbane
- 2008 Moments Abroad, Moreton Bay College, Manly West
- 2008 Recollections, Graydon Gallery, Brisbane
- 2007 Translations in Paint, Graydon Gallery, Brisbane
- 2006 Lures - Charles Ginn Gallery Brisbane
- 2005 Fragments-Paintings of Paris, Alliance Francaise of Brisbane.
- 2004 Evocative Places (with Geoff Ginn), Charles Ginn Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2001 Tidal Works, (with Kerry Holland), Grand View Fine Art Gallery,Cleveland.
- 1999 Shellscapes 2, Campbell Mahony Exhibiting Space, Brisbane,
- 1999 Shellscapes 1, University of Queensland Staff and Graduates Club, St. Lucia.
|Selected group exhibitions
- 2016 Impressions 10 Impress Printmaking Member's Exhibition, Kedron
- 2016 Across the Ditch Impress Printmaker's Studio & Gallery & Napier, NZ
- 2016 50/50 Impress Printmaker's Studio & Gallery
- 2016 Lethbridge 10000 Small Scale Art Award Paddington, Brisbane
- 2016 Diversity in Art RQAS Petrie Terrace, Brisbane
- 2016 Rotary Art Spectacular (Selected) Brisbane
- 2015 _Scape Metcalfe Gallery, BIA Windsor
- 2015 Rio Tinto Martin Hanson Memorial Art Award Gladstone
- 2015 Kenilworth Art Awards, Kenilworth, Sunshine Coast
- 2015 Impressions 9 Impress Printmaking Member's Exhibition, Kedron
- 2015 9 Ante Portas Exhibition, RQAS Petrie Terrace, Brisbane
- 2015 Flurry of Leaves Impress Printmakers Artist's Book Exhibition,Kedron
- 2015 RQAS Members Exhibition Petrie Terrace, Brisbane
- 2015 Lethbridge 10000 Small Scale Art Award Paddington, Brisbane
- 2015 COSSAG Art Award St. Stephen's Cathedral, Brisbane
- 2015 Rotary Art Spectacular (Selected) Brisbane
- 2015 Milburn Art Awards (Selected)Metcalfe Gallery, BIA, Windsor
- 2015 Diversity in Art RQAS Petrie Terrace, Brisbane
- 2015 Hanging About Member's Exhibition, BIA Windsor, Brisbane
- 2014 Make Believe End of Semester BIA Exhibition, Metcalf Gallery, Windsor
- 2014 Rio Tinto Alcan Martin Hanson Memorial Art Award Gladstone
- 2014 Impressions 8 Impress Printmaking Gallery, Kedron, Brisbane
- 2014 Showing Off End of Semester Exhibition BIA Windsor Brisbane
- 2014 Rotary Art Spectacular (Selected)Riverside Centre, Brisbane
- 2014 This Side Up BIA Member's Exhibition, Metcalfe Gallery, Windsor
- 2013 Belle Arti Exhibition Melbourne
- 2013 Rio Tinto Alcan Martin Hanson Memorial Art Award Gladstone
- 2013 Proof Exhibition-The Collective Metcalfe Gallery, BIA, Windsor
- 2013 Red Dog Studio Opening Exhibition Samford Village Queensland
- 2013 Spectacle BIA End of Semester Exhibition BIA Windsor Brisbane
- 2013 CPM National Print Awards Tweed River Art Gallery Murwillumbah
- 2013 Diversity in Print RQAS Petrie Terrace Brisbane
- 2013 Restoring the Lost & Broken COSSAG St.Stephen's Cathedral Brisbane
- 2013 Opening Exhibition ART-tique Gallery, Brisbane
- 2012 Parade BIA end of Semester Exhibition Brisbane Institute of Art, Windsor
- 2012 Visionaries Exhibition-Advent Journey Brookfield Centre of Spirituaity, Brisbane
- 2012 St. Sebastian's Spring Art Show, Yeronga, Brisbane
- 2012 RNA Show Brisbane
- 2012 Galabia End of Semester Exhibition Brisbane Institute of Art, Windsor
- 2012 12th Annual Postcard Print Exchange Iowa State University, USA
- 2012 Cycle of Life:A Window Opens COSSAG St.Stephens Cathedral, Brisbane
- 2012 Me2 Member Exhibition, Brisbane Institute of Art, Windsor
- 2011 Journey from Advent to Christmas-Visionaries Brookfield Centre of Spirituality
- 2011 Signs and Symbols-Visionaries ACU, Banyo & Mueller College Scarborough
- 2011 Art for Art's Sake Exhibition, Cerebral Palsy League(selected), Brisbane
- 2011 Brisbane Rotary Art Spectacular(selected), Brisbane
- 2010 Belle Arti Chapman & Bailey Art Award, Metro Gallery, Brisbane
- 2010 Rio Tinto Alcan Martin Hanson Memorial Art Award Gladstone
- 2010 St. Sebastian's Art Awards, Yeronga, Brisbane
- 2010 Sanctuary Cove Festival, Hope Island, Qld
- 2010 Art for Art's Sake, Cerebral Palsy Exhibition, Brisbane
- 2010 Brisbane Senses Art Exhibition, 31st Rotary Art Spectacular, Brisbane
- 2009 Crux - Visionaries Exhibition, Australian Catholic University, Banyo, Brisbane
- 2009 Artworkers Award, Metro Gallery, Brisbane
- 2008 Martin Hanson Memorial Art Awards & Exhibition(Selected), Gladstone
- 2008 Gwenda Donaldson Art Show, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
- 2008 Tattersall's Club Landscape Art Prize (Curator's Selection), Tattersall's Club, Brisbane
- 2008 St. Sebastians Spring Art Exhibition, Yeronga, Brisbane
- 2008 Rejoice-Visionaries Exhibition, Australian Catholic University Gallery, Banyo, Brisbane
- 2008 Warwick Art Prize, Warwick, Queensland
- 2008 Live Life Village Art Prize, Robertson, Brisbane
- 2007 Kenilworth 10th Annual Art Exhibition, Kenilworth, Sunshine Coast
- 2007 Water-Visionaries Art Exhibition, Australian Catholic University, Banyo and St. Francis' College Milton, Brisbane, Queensland.
- 2007 Live Life Village Art Prize, Robertson, Brisbane
- 2006 Martin Hanson Memorial Art Awards & Exhibition(selected), Gladstone
- 2006 Gwenda Donaldson Art Show, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
- 2006 Visionaries, New Farm, Brisbane
- 2005 Martin Hanson Memorial Art Awards & Exhibition(selected), Gladstone Regional Art Gallery & Museum.
- 2005 Archibelle 2005, Charles Ginn Gallery, Paddington, Brisbane.
- 2005 Utopia Award for Professional Art, St. Thomas More College, Brisbane
- 2005 Abused Child Trust Art Exhibition , Brisbane.
- 2004 Archibelle 2004 Charles Ginn Gallery, Paddington, Brisbane.
- 2004 Warwick Art Prize (selected) Warwick Art Gallery, Warwick,Queensland.
- 2004 Abused Child Trust Art Exhibition (selected), Brisbane.
- 2004 New Soundings (selected) St. Peters Cathedral, Adelaide.
- 2004 Intimate Spaces, Charles Ginn Gallery, Paddington, Brisbane.
- 2004 The Scots PGC College Art Prize 2004, Warwick, Queensland.
- 2003 Archibelle 2003; Travelling; Charles Ginn Gallery, Paddington, Brisbane.
- 2003 Waltzing Matilda Art Show & Competition, (selected),Winton, Queensland.
- 2002 Martin Hanson Memorial Art Awards & Exhibition(selected), Gladstone
- 2002 Archibelle 2002; Of the Earth; Charles Ginn Gallery, Paddington, Brisbane.
- 2002 Warwick Art Prize (selected) Warwick Art Gallery, Warwick.
- 2002 Central Queensland Mining Supplies Art Competition 2002, Mackay.
- 2002 Encountering Australian Spirituality, Adelaide, South Australia.
- 2001 Brisbane Institute of Art, Final & Mid-Year Exhibition.
- 2001 Archibelle; Heavens Above; April Foolery; Charles Ginn Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2000 Brisbane Institute of Art, Final & Mid-Year Exhibitions.
- 2000 Archibelle 2000, Charles Ginn Gallery, Paddington, Brisbane.
- 2000 Exploring Australian Spirituality, ACD Art Exhibition, Adelaide.
- 1999 Small Things-Veriditas, Indooroopilly Library, Brisbane.
- 1999 Resurrection-Veriditas, St Johns Anglican Cathedral, Brisbane.
- 1998 Postcards to You, Postcard Exhibition, East Brisbane.
- 1997 Dust to Grace, Brookfield Centre for Spirituality, Brisbane.
2015 Highly Commended Kenilworth Arts Council Awards, Kenilworth
2015 Third Prize Diversity in Art People's Choice Award RQAS Brisbane
2014 First and Second Prize This Side Up,Exhibitor's Choice Award , BIA Member's Exhibition
2013 Second Prize COSSAG Exhibition-Restoring the Lost and Broken Brisbane
2008 Highly Commended Warwick Art Prize, Warwick
2006 Highly Commended Gwenda Donaldson Art Award, Brisbane
2002 First Prize Central Queensland Mining Supplies Art Competition, Mackay.
2002 Commended Warwick Art Prize, Queensland .
Mater Health Services, South Brisbane
Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside, Brisbane
Iowa State University, USA
4 metre long 5 panel oil on ply wall mural for Brisbane Valley Bar/Restaurant Papa Jacks
Oil on canvas landscapes of country and suburban homes
Oil on canvas Portraits
Pastel and pencil on paper nudes
Oil on canvas images of Europe
Watercolour on paper Asian and imaginative images
Amy Remeikis,Artist uncovers the beauty in debris Sun Herald, October 21, 2012
Long Pays Compliment, South West News, December 10, 2003, Brisbane.
Bay's Beauty, South West News, November 21, 2001, Brisbane
Nikki Todd, Love of Sea Shows, South West News, March 1999, Brisbane.
Alison Cotes, Feeling the Art Beat of Religion,Focus : Review, November, 1997, Page 8, Brisbane.
Ancient Theme, Contemporary Images,The Review, October 1997, Brisbane.
2016 Flight Catalogue Essay - Carol Schwarzman
2012Traces Catalogue Essay - CarolynMcKenzie Craig
2006 Lures 'Enticements that call to You' Catalogue essay - Kerry Holland
2004 Evocative Places Catalogue essay - Anthony and Andrea Mitchell.
1997 Dust to Grace Catalogue group essay - Linda Carroli(curator).
|Radio and Podcasts
2010 Arts and Entertainment FM 99.7 Interview by Richard Lancaster
2009 Arts and Entertainment FM 99.7 Interview by Richard Lancaster
2006 Articulate- Planet Radio. Interview with George Chapman
1997 David Bush Program, 4QR Australian Broadcasting Commission, Interview by David Bush.
|Other Media Publication
Art Essay 'Thresholds' in 2014 Landscapes Magazine.
On the Edge Artist talk with images at the Percolator Gallery, September 2014
2015 Judge for Bell Art Awards Exhibition, Bell, Queensland
- Flying Art Alliance
- Brisbane Institute of Art
- Impress Printmaking Studio
- Royal Queensland Art Society
Jennifer Long – Biography 2014
Art has been a lifetime pursuit for Brisbane visual artist Jennifer Long. She is drawn to many, varied sources in both the real and imagined world and her images of landscape, people, objects and architecture reflect this disparity. Working in a range of media - oil painting, printmaking, drawing, collage and ricepaper bowls has enabled her to explore a range of mark marking to express these disparate ideas. Imagery is often symbolic and surreal and invites the viewer to speculate on its origins. Reference sources are gleaned from connections between places and objects, past and present and the real and imagined.
Jennifer studied Fine Art at the University of Queensland and a Diploma of Art at the Queensland College of Art. Betty Churcher was an early mentor at QIT and she has undertaken life drawing, painting workshops and etching with Roy Churcher, Mervyn Moriarty, Irene Amos, Wim de Voss and Carolyn McKenzie Craig. She studied painting and life drawing with David Paulson at Queensland College of Art and the Brisbane Institute of Art and has done painting, print and lithography classes with Elizabeth Cummings, Judy watson and Peter Lancaster respectively. She continues to pursue etching at the BIA with printmaker and artist Gwenn Tasker.
Awarded first prize in the Central Queensland Mining Supplies Art Award in 2002 Jennifer has also received Highly Commended Awards in the Warwick Art Prize, the Gwenda Donaldson Art Prize and second prize for the COSSAG art award in Brisbane as well as 1st and 2nd prize in the BIA member’s choice exhibition. Jennifer has work in a number of corporate collections and in private collections across Australia, France and USA.
She is a member of the Brisbane Institute of Art, Visionaries, Impress Printmaking Studio and the Flying Arts Alliance. Her website www.jenniferlong.net showcases her art as does her artist’s page on facebook and an etsy site JenniferLongArt.
She exhibits regularly in solo and group exhibitions and is available for commission work. She works daily in her studio and her latest exhibition FLIGHT - paintings, collages, etchings and rice paper bowls will open at Bosz Gallery 4/9 Doggett St Fortitude Valley from 25thOct-12thNov 2016.